Thank you to Lady Love and Baby Dust for nominating me for this award. She is one of the nicest most helpful bloggers I’ve come across.
So here is how it works:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Make up a set of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
1. Why did you start this blog?
I randomly found Off-Beat Families (previously offbeat mama), and they had some articles about lesbian families Those articles linked to blogs. and thus I got sucked into the lesbian ttc blogsosphere. I created my own because I wanted a place to think.
2. What is the most significant thing that has happened to you because of your blog?
I feel like I can articulate what I want better.
3. Do you intend on keeping your blog well past your BFP?
Yes, I named the blog with the intention that it be an ongoing project and a place for me to talk about my family as we grow. 🙂
4. What are three things that make you want to follow someone else’s blog?
It needs to be: by likable people, funny, and be about something that interests me.
5. Whats your favorite genre of music?
I like things from top 40s to techno, to random novelty music.
6. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
What Does the Fox Say, Pretty Little Liars, Grey’s Anatomy, most books by Chelsea Handler (she’s crazy and probably an alcoholic)
7. What state do you reside in?
MN, homeplace of Lutafisk and the place that elected Jesse “The Body” Ventura.
10. What made you fall in love with your partner?
That she was a person who followed her convictions.
11. What’s one thing no one would ever guess about you?
I have no idea. Probably that I kind of don’t talk to my parents more than a couple times a year?
12. Whats your favorite YouTube channel?
I don’t really do youtube.
13. What month is your birthday in?
14. Whats your favorite season?
Spring. Warm but not too hot, no bugs yet.
Random facts about me:
1. I have caterpillar eyebrows that I do my best to keep in check
2. My car is a Toyota Prius, which is awesome
3. I was in Math League in high school.
4. My mom used my then love of public restrooms to get me potty trained, I hate public restrooms now.
5. I’ve been gluten/dairy free since 2005.
6. I hadn’t bothered to get tested for gluten-intolerance, only to find out that the blood test will come back negative if you’re good about not eating gluten (which I am).
7. I stressed out all day today about how I don’t want to be around my parents at all when I’m pregnant.
8. I feel like saying “when I’m pregnant” may jinx things.
9. If we don’t get pregnant this year, we’re probably going to look into adopting out of foster care. Neither of us wants me to do IVF. It’s just a personal choice.
10. My puppy (who is more Latte’s) is half-hell hound, half cuddle monkey.
11. Whenever I open a can of tuna, I get swarmed by all the critters in the house.
I’m picking some of us who are on the TWW train now and relatively early in the process (3 or fewer tries)…
1. Two Geek Moms, because, really, what’s better than Geeky moms?
2. Mistakes are the Portals of Discovery who I recently found and had their first attempt at insemination at home too!
3. In The Baby Closet, because I have a little bit of name envy. Also she recently had her first IUI, and like me was worried about timing.
4. Kirra90, who is on lucky number 3.
1. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
2. Do you prefer city, suburban, or country life?
3. How was it decided who would carry?
4. If you’re planning on more than one kid, are you planning on mixing it up regarding who carries?
5. What’s the one thing that’s surprised you the most about your first TWW?
6. Is there anything you’d like to share (AKA I tried but I’m really out of questions)?