So, two for two places don’t have openings before I ovulate this month (and that’s assuming they’ll be down with doing an IUI basically immediately). I contacted a third (affiliated with my ob/gyn), and need to figure out when I can get in there. At any rate. I’m pooped.

The question in my mind now, is: if I can’t get in anywhere for an IUI, do I sit this month out? do we plan on just doing a try at home thing? I like the idea of having better odds, but the timing would be perfect if we succeeded this month. I wish there were clear cut right answers for these things.


About DeCaf

Just a code monkey.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Decisions

  1. santosha1203 says:

    Wow that must be so frustrating. Good luck!

  2. mamaetmaman says:

    You could try a home thing. You’ll need a speculum, catheter, and syringe, which you can purchase online. I can explain it to you if you need.

  3. If you don’t want to sit it out, use both vials but at different times to give yourself a better baseline for catching the egg and having live speed longer. I I really does help with low motility though.

  4. I’ve done at home ici and we got pregnant at home 🙂

  5. I know just how you feel. I was so up in the air between wanting to just do it (IUI) this month even though I missed the boat on Clomid/monitoring/trigger (super IUI). I went for it even though it was “less sure” because I figured I still had a shot in hell and we can pull out the big guns next month if we need to. Just go with your gut! I was going back and forth on it until the day I got my + OPK. I just wanted to make sure it felt like good timing at the very least.

  6. Molly says:

    I say go for it, but I’m not sure if that’s the logical me saying that or just the me who really wants to see you back at it! LOL Have you tried calling some midwives to see about IUI? Maybe it’s worth a shot? Seems like they’d probably have less hurdles to clear than an RE.

  7. Lemon Drop says:

    Obviously there’s a whole bunch of IF that may render whatever you decide moot but do you have a sense of what you’re likely to regret more—not trying when the timing was ideal OR investing in a failed cycle with lower odds? (Not that I think it would fail, obviously, just IF it did) I often find this exercise useful when I can’t decide something on merits alone.

  8. julieann081 says:

    I hope that you get some good news from this third place about working with you and that you make peace with whatever decision you make. Hugs! ❤

  9. theartist says:

    We got pregnant at home with frozen sperm as well, ICI. Of course it felt like a huge gamble, but it worked. What are the counts for your swimmers?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s