So I’ve been doing this every day this week. By doing this, I mean, lying in my bed and listening to the Free Fertility Relaxation MP3. Well, technically I’ve been trying to. There’s just one small thing.
I keep falling asleep.
I normally woke up at the end, but apart from the first time I listened to it, I haven’t been able to keep awake for the whole thing. So, it’s good for relaxing?
– The lady who does the talking has a really soothing voice.
– It’s good at relaxing the body with breathing exercises.
– It has a stress relief visualization exercise.
– It talks about the cycle and your body being just right.
– It’s free (money can definitely be a stressor while ttc-ing).
– I can’t stay awake for it. (I’m not sleep deprived and just catching up, I get a good 7.5 hrs a night)
– Long sales pitch at start (that says it’s not magic, but it works miracles).
None of the Cons are particular deal breakers for me, so I’ll keep using it. The sales pitch ironically talked me out of buying the Natural/IUI cycle one. The woman mentions that it goes through what should be happening each day of your 28 day cycle. My cycle isn’t 28 days (and I really doubt I’m the only one in this boat), and it sounds like it’s very specific to a ‘normal’ 28 day cycle (probably with ovulation on day 14). That turned me off and I decided against buying it. The relaxation is all I really need anyway. I don’t want to randomly guess at which day(s) I should repeat for my day 16+ ovulation.
I think the cycle long version one is a good idea with poor execution. I was really planning on buying it but wanted to try the relaxation one first and am glad I waited. The free relaxation one is definitely worth the cost though, if you’re into that kind of stuff.
I have found running with my puppy to be better at getting me to forget my stress. We’ve been doing at least 7 miles a week for the last month, it would’ve been 10 miles a week if it weren’t for my cold that won’t quit.
PS – Ginger Jesus’ spermsicle is on its way here! Set to arrive Friday!