So, I’m bad at getting award things done, but the wait is over.
One Lovely Blog Award:
From Chronicles of A Non-Belly Mama, Lez B Vegan Moms, Stumbling Through Faith, and In the Baby Closet. Who are all really awesome, as are pretty much everyone I follow. I really feel belonging to this community has kept me sane while we ttc. It’s nice to have a sounding board so I don’t get too worked up about stuff.
Here are the rules:
- List the rules.
- Thank your nominator(s).
- List seven (7) facts about yourself.
1) I switched majors three times in college. I started as a Computer Engineering major, switched to Computer Science, but graduated with a degree in Biology.2) After being diagnosed with ADD as a child, I went from barely passing math to it being considered “incredibly gifted” in it. I credit medication for helping me control my attention span during those years and get very offended people who say the disorder is “caused by bad parents who would rather drug their kids than teach them discipline.”
3) My wife and I met on OKCupid, we both joined it initially to do the quizzes and later made profiles. 🙂
4) It’s my mom’s birthday, as well as National Coming out day. I don’t feel like calling my mom but will anyway this afternoon. PS – I’m gay.
5) I’ve really been enjoying tracking my cycles and temping. Part of me wonders if the additional information that could be gathered by a VIP membership to FF would be worth it.
6) I love sleeping in on Saturdays. The rest of the week, I’m all about getting up early, but Saturdays I want to just sleep until 9.
7) I’m not sure what we’re going to do after this cycle, unless Ginger Jesus magically gets more samples out of quarantine (which I haven’t been notified about yet).
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know you did. – This is kind of an old thing, if you want to do it, I nominate you!
- Display the award logo and follow your nominator.
Thank the blogger who nominated you providing links back to their website.
Display the logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions set for you.
Make up ten questions for your nominees.
Nominate ten people.
Thank you Chronicles of A Non-Belly Mama!
- What was your favorite food growing up?
Mac and Cheese! I can’t eat it now (dairy/gluten), but when I was a child, I learned to cook it at a young age because it was my absolute favorite. When I visited a friend and her family served it for dinner with sliced hot dog on it, my little world was seriously rocked.
- What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I’m not sure. Probably something by Aqua, if for no other reason than I tend to use their songs for my alarm.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy?
Pay off student loans and mortgage. I’m boring.
- What is your favorite book and why?
American Gods. I’m not sure why. I just like how quiet is it, but how it’s fantasy filled with familiar myths in a modern setting.
- What constitutes a perfect day in your book?
A day where I get to spend time: coding, jogging, and reading. I’m a very simple creature.
- Name 3 things that you and your significant other have totally in common, and three that you don’t.
We’re both smart, have a similar sense of humor, and are generally caring people. My wife: is an extrovert, likes the bar scene (for karoke night), and I think her biological clock is more tuned to puppies than babies (don’t worry, she does want a kid, she just doesn’t go gaga for babies).
- Is there something that you have dreamed of always doing and haven’t? Why not?
Getting a positive pregnancy test. 🙂 I’m crazy looking forward to seeing two lines on something other than OPKs.
- What do you value most in a friendship?
It’s a tie between loyalty and honesty.
- Share one embarrassing moment.
I peed my pants when I was five because walking back to the house seemed like too much work just to pee.
- When was the last time you cried and why?
I’m not sure. I tend to cry at commercials and movie trailers when I’m PMSing. I really don’t feel that sad over those, just I cry. It’s really weird.
I nominate anyone who wants to do this! I’m sorry, I gotta run, busy weekend!
1.) Who was your favorite teacher in K-12 and why?
2.) What’s your dream career? (no saying “mother”, it has to be a paying gig)
3.) What is your favorite dessert?
4.) Who is your craziest relative? (you don’t have to give names, just talk about how crazy they are)
5.) What book or movie has most impacted your life?
6.) What is your favorite scent for bodywash/lotion/products?
7.) What was your favorite book series as a kid?
8.) What are you most looking forward to doing with your (future/already here and too young) child?
9.) What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
10.) Is your partner at all like the person you envisioned yourself being with when you were a kid?