So, it’s now shark week. I stupidly retested yesterday, since I was expecting my period that day and the spotting had been so darn light. It was still negative.
This morning my temp was below 98, and so I decided to just not take Vitex and hope that my period would show up today, and it did.
I emailed my doctor about the possibility of clomid? I am very nervous about this. He had told me that it could take up to a year to conceive, which with well-timed IUIs is false. You generally only have decent odds for the first three, and if you’re not pregnant by then, your odds diminish if you stay with the same protocol. I should get some peer reviewed research papers for him.
I decided that instead of telling him how wrong he is (that rarely wins anyone over), I decided to just play the “this is too expensive to do for that much longer” card and see if he’ll take pity on people who don’t have over a grand a month to throw around and throw me some drugs to help our odds.
This last negative has been hard on me. Latte seems to take all of them hard, but for the first three, I just bounced back. This one I’m starting to wonder if it’ll happen. We don’t have the funds for $3k cycles with monitoring or IVF.
I didn’t really think I’d have a hard time getting knocked up. I thought for sure within four cycles I’d get pregnant. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.