We triggered last night. I put a lot of my reasoning in the comments but here they are in a comprehensive list:
1.) We are not sure it even is a polyp. The doctor said it might not be, they’d need more testing to make sure. Her first recommendation was that we look at it next month if this month didn’t work.
2.) It’s location/possible non-existence might be such that it has no effect on my fertility.
3.) My insurance might not cover its removal anyway and we don’t have thousands of dollars saved up for its removal.
4.) My obgyn takes forever to do anything (it took us well over a month to schedule the HSG). I don’t see this being scheduled with any sense of urgency, I don’t see it happening before May at the earliest.
5.) It wasn’t seen until yesterday (again, it might just be my uterus growing weirdly), it was not visible on two other ultrasounds this cycle. This isn’t totally a reason, but more like a reason why I’m skeptical about its existence. My HSG was clean two months ago, and that test is very sensitive for polyps. I get that they can grow though. I just don’t know how quickly.
6.) We’re on our last cycle, it’s really f*cking hard to be at this place. I don’t have it in me to start another “last cycle” ever again. I’m a calm person, I’m mostly happy, I force myself to smile even now as I type this, but I am not a source of unlimited strength. I’ve been getting through this by telling myself that next month, I’ll either be pregnant or able to take back up jogging with my puppy. I can’t tell myself that next month, we’ll have an invasive diagnostic test, need to wait until May at least for surgery, and then maybe have that last IUI in June.